A busy, fun-loving South American family is looking for an experienced French speaking nanny to care for their two boys aged 5 and 4 who are both attending school. Candidate needs to be comfortable living with a small Boston Terrier dog and be able to prepare meals for the family once a day. Travel may be needed from time to time.
They are looking for a loving, energetic, disciplined and organized nanny with ample experience caring for small children and living with a family. This is a full charge position with mother working from home. Working hours are Mon to Fri 7am to 7pm with two nights babysitting a week one of which may fall on a Friday night.
They have a housekeeper that takes care with all cleaning and laundry, but nanny is responsible for keeping the kitchen clean and tidy and keeping play areas and children’s bedroom tidy, closets organised and clothes put away.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with mother in creating menus for the week on Monday and making the list of things to buy so mother can shop. She will be required to do small errands from time to time, like buying missing ingredient midweek or taking something to the dry-cleaners
While the boys are away in school our nanny will cook for the family once during the day, which usually consists of vegetables and salad, and a main easy dish such as a curry, beef chilli, roast chicken and rice etc. Nanny will have ample time to rest and recoup during the day before the children come out of school.
• Waking kids up in the morning
• Dressing kids for school and packing snack and lunch for the smaller child
• Preparing breakfast for children and father in the mornings
• Drop-off and pickups from school
• Taking dog for a quick pee and poo (Mother takes him out to run several times a week)
• Light housekeeping and tidying up
• Assisting with kids care and hygiene
• Taking children to afterschool activities
• Helping with homework from time to time
• Providing age-appropriate activities to teach and promote the development of the children
• Daily outside activity with the children, weather permitting
• Keeping the children’s bedrooms and playroom organized and tidy
• Preparing nutritious meals and snacks, and feeding the children
• Tidying up after self and children (kitchen after meals, tidying toys at the end of the day, etc)
• Bedtime routine, bath time and putting to bed in the evenings
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Nanny
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Able to work on your own initiative and with discretion
• Energetic and enthusiastic with can do attitude
• Pleasant personality and honest
• Good level of conversational English
• Bonus if person has a driving licence and is prepared to drive
• Non-smoker who is dog & child friendly
• Happy to travel with the family – British or EU passport preferred for ease of travel with family
• Clean DBS check or willing to have one undertaken
Localisation : Kensington
Salary: £450-500 net/week
Starting date : ASAP