French food is known globally for its finesse and flavour. There are many regions with their own specialty foods, and the origin of produce is of critical importance. From the simplest crusty baguette, eaten with ripe Brie, to a beautiful Lobster bisque or hearty Boeuf Bourguignon, France is a haven for food lovers. Here is the recipe of one of the French specialities called Soufflé au Chocolat. If your children are food lover, this is the perfect occasion to cook an easy and outstanding recipe with them.
Yield: 4 servings
- 200g dark cooking chocolate (minimum 70 % cocoa solids)
- 100g sugar
- 50g butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Butter the 4 individual moulds.
- Cut the chocolate in square. In double boiler or heavy saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter.
- In a bowl combine the egg yolks with sugar then add the chocolate.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff and fold gently into the cake mixture.
- Pour these soufflés into individual moulds and put them in the oven for 8-10 minutes.