Children love to do manual activities when they’re home. So why not teaching them how to make salt dough?
Here is how:
What you need:
– 1 glass of salt
– 1 glass of tepid water
– 2 glasses of flour
– food colouring: yellow, green, red, blue
- Mix all the ingredients together. If you’re using food colouring, you can add it to the mixture.
- Take a mixing bowl and mix the flour and the salt. Mix them with your hand or with a spoon.
- Pour the water at once and mix the dough with your hands. It has to be supple.
- If it is too crumbly, add some water.
Cooking the salt dough:
It is better to wait at least 12 hours before cooking the salt dough. Store it in a dry place.
- Cooking temperature: between 75°C and 110°C
- Timing: about 2 hours for small objects
- Try to keep an eye on the oven to check the salt dough. Once they’re hard, you can turn the oven off!